Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dealing With the Dinner Dilemma

I mentioned in my last post we have been in a dinner rut lately.  I guess that everyone goes through that from time to time.  One of the things I do to try to combat it, is to keep a master list on my computer, that I can refer to occasionally. 

My family tends to fall into patterns where we are eating the same things, week in and week out.  It almost feels like we have forgotten any other foods exit, lol.  Basically, the idea of the list is to brainstorm anything we like to eat, have ever liked to eat, or think we might like to eat.  This gives me ideas to draw from and I add to it whenever I think of things or come across new ideas.

I might not even have a recipe for a given idea, if it's not something I have made before.  A quick Google search will bring up numerous variations though and I just pick the one that looks best.  I <3 the Internet. 
This is my list.  What would be on your list? 


Main Dish Meat:
Meatloaf
Steak
Roast Beef
Roast Chicken
Turkey Breast


Casseroles:
Tuna
Chicken Noodle
Mac and Cheese
Green Rice
Beef Stroganoff
King Ranch Casserole
Mexican Casseroles (various)

Mexican:
Tacos
Fajitas
Enchiladas
Quesadillas
Nachos
Burritos

BBQ:
BBQ Sausage
BBQ Beef (brisket, ground, shredded, etc.)
BBQ Chicken

Salads:
Tuna Salad
Chicken Salad
Turkey Salad
Potato Salad
Green Salad (assorted types)
Fruit Salad
Taco Salad (beef or chicken)

Sandwich Stuff:
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Sub Sandwiches
Chicken Sandwiches
Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
Meatball Subs
Sloppy Joes
Soup Burgers
Taco Burgers
Hot Links

Soup:
Veggie Beef
Gumbo
Chicken (noodle, rice, etc.)
Chili (beef or chicken)
Gazpacho
Beef Stew
Potato Soup


Italian:
Spaghetti
Lasagna
Eggplant Parmesan
Ravioli
Pizza
Pizza Bubble

Miscellaneous:
Jambalaya
Quiche
Chicken Breasts and Rice
Ratatouille
Stuffed Bell Peppers
Omelets
Shepherd’s Pie
Sausage and Peppers
Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Chicken and Dumplings
Turkey Tetrazzini
Spaghetti Squash
Pot Roast

No comments:

Post a Comment