Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting back to normal...

We are slowly, but surely, working towards normal around here.  I would not say that I am "sick" any more, although I am still dealing with a residual cough and such.  My energy level, which is none too chipper on a good day, is starting to improve a bit.

My son is a lot better than he was last week, but he still has a wicked, wicked cough.  He will be up and perking for bit, then he just kind of crumples and heads back to bed for a couple of hours.  It's progress though.

In breaking news, Christmas is, finally, almost put away at our house.  We had planned all along to leave our decorations up until after we had our family Christmas celebration on January 7/8.  I even chose to have an artificial tree this year, so it would last that long.   That turned out to be a wise move; the tree looked almost as good when we took it down as it did when we put it up six weeks earlier.  I am impressed.

I expected to pack it all away right after the visit.  The plague hit us instead.  We simply have not been well enough to deal with it, so it has waited.  And waited.  And waited. 

Packed up!
We were finally able to tackle it this weekend.  At this point, everything is packed up in its respective boxes waiting to move to the storeroom.  We will do a little tweaking of the organization in there tomorrow, then my son will get the boxes (which are currently stacked in my dining room) packed away.  Then, at last, it will all be out of sight and out of mind for the next eleven ten months.  Ahhhhhh.

 Update, 1-25-12:  Done, gone, finished!  All. Put. Away.  Yaaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment